Friday, June 22, 2012

the return of beer on a boat!

If you ever do anything with your life, you should go find yourself a boat and enjoy a beer on it. And if you just so happen to be in the Düsseldorf area, I've got just the boat for you. 
My history with the beer on the boat is a long and sometimes heartbreaking one. But about 5 minutes after experiencing the bar on the boat for the very first time, I swore right then and there that I would be back! And that's exactly what Katharina and I did a few weeks ago.


If you've talked to me at all in the past month you've probably heard me whining endlessly about the weather. For the past 3 weeks it's been cold and rainy. COLD! like 14ºC/57ºF. In June!! Talk about seasonal affective disorder much? But before the summer cold set in, there was one glorious weekend that was both appropriately sunny and warm enough for the season. So Katharina and I jumped on a train to Düsseldorf, headed for the Rhine, found the bar on the boat, and claimed a corner with a view as our own. 
We had such an amazing time - as one is wont to do with a beer at a bar on a boat - that it only took 2 days for us to return to that magical place. So if ever the weather gets nice again and you can't find me at home (or on Facebook), you'll know where to look! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...