Tuesday, June 12, 2012

can we talk about nothing to do with living in Germany for a second?

Oh hey, yeah, I'm still in Germany and yes I still have about a million things to share that have happened in the past couple weeks. But lets all just take a moment to watch this:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not secret that I'm a fan of musicals. And ever since I saw Les Mis in NYC on Broadway when I was 14, it's pretty much been one of my favorites! 

But I'm having some mixed feelings about the movie. 

On one hand, I'm so excited they're making a movie so I can get the dvd and watch it and sing along till I'm blue in the face (because sometimes having a movie makes singing along more exciting than just a cd). Also, Hugh Jackman? Yes please, Mr. Valjean. Plus, loved Amanda Seyfried in Mama Mia and I'm pretty sure she's the perfect cast for Cosette. 

BUT, I have a big problem with casting actors over singers in movie versions of musicals. Let's start with Anne Hathaway. She actually sings better than I was expecting - and I'm slightly ok with her role, because she'll die in the beginning so it doesn't matter if she does suck too much. However, she has one big mountain to tackle, I Dreamed a Dream which you hear in the trailer. I wasn't blown away with it, but I feel as though I should withhold judgement till I can hear more.

My biggest concern is Russel Crowe. I mean, I don't know - can he even sing? I'm terrified that he's going to do to this movie what Pierce Brosnan did to Mama Mia. That is to say, completely ruin it! I also love Javert's parts, so they absolutely cannot be ruined! 

Any thoughts out there from the peanut gallery? I'd love to know what you all think of it! 

Otherwise, that's all I had to say about nothing to do with Europe for now. We'll get back to business tomorrow! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...