Saturday, June 30, 2012

Project Urlaub

OMG! Two posts in one day?! Aren't you guys super lucky. Or, my posting schedule has gotten a little off from keeping busy playing hostess.


As you might remember, tomorrow marks the first day of my 17 day Italy/Scotland journey. I'm not sure I mentioned that I won't be taking my computer. Among other reasons, I'm going to be packing 17 days worth of everything in one small suitcase with a weight limit of 10kg/22lb, so the heavy computer just did not make the cut.


But, the thought of going without internet (and without blogging!) for 17 days makes me all woozy inside - and not in the good way. (yes, I realize this points to larger issues, but let's just ignore my sad addictions for now)


But all hope (read: internet connection) is not lost. I'll be taking my fake iPhone - or my iFauxne, if you will (why is it fake? well, it's my sister's old 3g that I was going to but never did get unlocked to use on German networks, so no it only has internet capabilities). This combined with my obsession love of instagram are going to help me with a little something I'll be calling Project Urlaub (btw, Urlaub means vacation in German).


Internet permitting, I'm going to try to post one picture a day with just a short commentary (typing on iPhones is annoying/I won't have time or energy, probably) from our trip. Again, this really all hinges on the internet (that we're supposed to have at all our hostels) working properly. So hopefully we'll see each other soon!
in Cologne with Matthew Boyle last Sunday

1 comment:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

ah at least you have instagram - the best! have a great trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...