Saturday, June 16, 2012

Can we talk about how excited I am?

Once upon a time I saved up a lot of money because I thought I was going to be spending a month or two on the unemployment list in Germany. When I found out that wouldn't be the case, I decided the best way to handle all my saved money would be to blow it on lots of summer travel

And the travel times are nigh, my friends. On Wednesday my good friend Matthew is coming to Germany for 10 days. I've known Matthew for 15 years (and for about 14 years and 10 months our collective friends and family have been planning our wedding). But you'll learn more about Matthew later. On July 1st, he and I are heading off to Italy for a week - my first trip there! Guys. Words do not begin to cover my excitement of going to Italy. Before I ever thought about living in Europe, before I even started learning German, the only place I ever wanted to visit was Italy.
During what we've dubbed as Italyfest 2012, we'll be spending 3 days in Florence and 4 days in Rome! On the 7th we head in different directions - Matthew to Vienna for a summer program and me to Edinburgh with a 4 hour layover in Mallorca (that's enough time to lay out on the beach, right?)

I know, I know! I should be visiting new places, but people - I can't get enough of that city! Also, since I'm heading back to the other side of the world, I need to get in some quality Shahida time before there's an ocean between us again. Plus, we've got some big plans!

namely, The Great Highlands Roadtrip

Shahida, Simon and I will be renting a car and heading up into the north from July 13th to 15th.  We'll be hitting up places like Mallaig, Isle of Skye, this place (OMG!), Gairloch, Ullapool, and Loch Ness. Seriously, if those awesome names aren't enough to get you excited, nothing will! The route isn't 100% set yet, but I imagine it will end up looking something like this...
On July 17th I fly back to Germany, but don't think it's over there! On the 19th, Katharina and I will head down to Nürnberg for 4 days to hang out with Gemma and catch the beginning of Annafest

Finally only the 22nd I come back to Dortmund for the last 2 weeks - which I'm sure will be full of last minute shopping, packing, and frantically selling everything I own on ebay. 

I don't really know what else to say except - I'm so freaking excited!! 

2 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

that picture will never cease to make me smile and/or laugh.

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

ahhh sounds like an incredible time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...