Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome to Dortmund!

First I just wanted to say thanks for all the well wishes and kind words regarding yesterday's post! It was really great to hear that people do read the blog (and hey, comments are the way to my heart ;) )!

Now back to your regularly schedule post... 

Guess who came to Dortmund?
My brother, Patrick, and Karrie, his good friend from college, were here for just over a week.  Patrick has a little thing we like to call wanderlust (Why yes, that is a fabulous German word that has made its way into the English language). He likes to take advantage of my positions abroad and always makes it out to come visit! And I always enjoy getting to show him around and spend time with him.

It is always nice to have visitors because you get to be a tourist in your own city. Now, let's be honest, Dortmund doesn't really have much to offer in the way of Tourism. But I definitely never would have spent the time to go up the Reinoldikirche. And then I never would have taken these not particularly pretty, but reasonably interesting pictures of picturesque (cough) Dortmund. 



2 comments:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

I know exactly how you feel - Karlsruhe is everything short of touristy but it's still great to show people everything!

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

I know exactly how you feel - Karlsruhe is everything short of touristy but it's still great to show people everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...