Monday, April 16, 2012

Regarding my future.

This time last year I was a big ball of stress because I realized I had no plans for the coming year. But as we all know now, it turned out ok and I got to sign on for a second year in Germany. So I decided in the beginning that this year I was going to be more pro-active about figuring my shit out. 

Remember when I posted this post (You probably don't, because I'm pretty sure no one followed das Blog back then)? Well, I actually took my own advice and have since done everything I set out to do way back in June 2011. I applied for grad schools in the fall and did some job research in Germany while I waited to hear back from them. 

And just as I was about start seriously applying for jobs in Germany (and getting really excited about it), the unexpected happened. I got an email (and eventually a letter) from my Alma Mater - the University of Georgia. I had received a place in the masters program and Teaching Assistantship for German. 

So, as of a few days ago, I sent in my official yes to UGA. Which means, in 3 short months, I'll be heading back to the homeland and settling in back in Athens, Georgia for the next two years. 

I am already sad to know I have to leave Germany. But no matter how much it sucks to leave, I can't pretend it won't be amazing to be home again.  So, go Dawgs! 
very subtle, right?


But now the question is, whether or not I continue to blog after I return as this blog was originally intended to just be about my time abroad. Thoughts? Comments?

5 comments:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

ah way to go!!! very exciting!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you, Emily and I wish you all the best for your future time back home!

BUT: Pleeeeease do me a favor and keep on blogging. Since I found out about you having a blog in August, I visit it every day. You inspired me so much and it was so much fun reading about how you experience Germany and its people every day and for me as a German it was simply awesome seeing all the difficulties and how you made it through! Plus, I think your blog posts (and especially your last vlog!) are extremely funny.
Your lesson planning posts inspired me in many ways and I would totally miss your funny activities even back in the US. So please don't let 'das Blog' die.. :(

Michelle Schraudner said...

That's so exciting! And definitely keep up your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

You could keep blogging about your progress in school and your future plans on teaching German/teaching in Germany or whatever your goal is afterwards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...