Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flowers, pt. 2

So we have this market in Dortmund (The market is awesome and I don't know why haven't blogged about it yet, so expect that soon), and, not to give too much away, they have a lot of flowers at the market. As we all may remember, I'm not the most capable hands to leave flowers in. But those are potted flowers. Fresh cuts - of which the market is plentiful - are pretty much already on their way out, and I'm really good at making sure they have a nice last week. When my mom and grandma where here they hooked me up with my first bouquet from the market. 
  
and that beautiful arrangement cost less than 6€. It lasted easily for a week. And honestly, it probably could have lasted longer, but I was itching to go buy more flowers from the market! So I kept the prettiest flowers from bouquet #1 and got a little creative before throwing out the rest for bouquet #2

This time I got tulips. Tulips at the market usually cost 3€ for ten or 5€ for twenty. I mean, seriously, can you beat that?! I opted for my two favorite colors: yellow and purple. And it worked out really appropriately Eastery too! 

The tulips were gorgeous, but they paid their time and were looking pretty droopy after a week. Also, the purple ones never opened, which I was sad about, because they had a beautiful yellow on the inside (I peaked). I haven't gotten a new bouquet yet, but you better believe that's what I'll be doing on Wednesday! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

gorgeous!! makes me want fresh flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...