Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This is my happy face!

This is what I look like when I'm not circling the drain of emotional fatigue and self-loathing that is brought on by searching for a WG in peak season (aka right before the university semester begins).
*
That's right, everybody - I am no longer homeless!! After 2 months of emailing, 3 weeks of viewing, 18 Besichtigungstermine, 17 noes, and a little shameless self-promotion, someone finally decide I was cool enough to move in! 
 
the catch: my room is completely unfurnished, but that's nothing some asking around at school, checking out ebay, and trips to Ikea (jag älskar Ikea!) can't easily remedy!
 
The awesome part: the location is amazing! it is right in the center of town. Literally. It's not like when some people say they live in town but really they live in like reasonable walking distance of town... I live like Ted Mosby's apartment to McAlister's Bar close to downtown. Remember how I said I'd been hanging out at Starbucks a lot, I could be at that Starbucks in like 5 minutes. If I walked slowly. It's so downtown that it's where the put the label for the entire city of Dortmund on Google Maps. That is legit.
I'll have one roommate. and from the 30 minutes I got to meet her last Friday, I'd say she's pretty awesome. 
 
I won't move in for another week or two, but life is so much happier knowing I won't be eternally homeless. 
*Maybe that's why I had such a hard time finding a place...

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Aaaahhhh! Congratulations! And extra points for the HIMYM reference. Speaking of which, did you watch the show before you came to Germany? I most certainly did not but have since developed an unhealthy addiction. (it was a catching disease in the Wohnheim where I lived...like watch it on a projector every week in the bar movie theater style. totally normal, right?)

Once again, hooray for home in the middle of town! And nice roommate! And not having to commute anymore!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...