Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Questions

As I mentioned in yesterdays surprise Vlog post - I've been visiting a lot of 5th grade classes. Which means I get to introduce myself a lot. Which means I get asked a lot of questions. So I've decided to make a little list of my favorite questions so far, or questions I was surprised to be asked. Since the fifth graders have only really had English lessons for about a week, these questions were asked in German, and I answered in English.
  • Have you ever met any stars?
  • Are you proud that you were born in America?
  • Do they speak English or American there?
  • Can you sing something in English? (I sang them Ke$ha, of course!)
  • Did you fly to Germany or come with the S-bahn?
  • Can you speak German? (asked in German even after other questions in  German were asked)
  • What is the temperature in Florida?
  • Are there hot dog stands on every corner?
  • Where you there on 9/11? (seriously almost every class has asked this, and these kids are only 10 and 11 years old)
  • Do you know Obama?
  • Have you ever been on TV? 
  • What animals have you seen?
  • Do you have English classes at school?
  • Do you learn German like we learn English?
  • How much is the dollar worth? (keep in mind these were 5th graders)
  • (after showing them a dollar bill I had on me) Can I trade you a Euro for your dollar?
  • What are your parents' names?
  •  Have you ever been to [insert name of any US state or city]?
  • Don't they have really nice cars in America? (coming from a German, really? Your busses are Mercedes!)
  • Do you have a house in America?
  • Do you like Giraffes?
I'd say this is solid support of my hypothesis that 5th graders are pretty much the cutest ever. I can't wait to work with them lots this year! 

1 comment:

Karrie Gawron said...

Dear Emily,
Please answer the questions.

Love, Karrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...