Sunday, September 4, 2011

That time I actually went dancing

If you know me very well, you know my response to "hey let's go out dancing!" is usually some variation of "uuuuggggghhhhhhh"

Of course, if you know me even better, I usually always have a really good time dancing if I ever actually go.  (I don't get it either...)
 
So a few weeks ago when Gemma told me about  90's night at a club in Erlangen, I was less than enthused. But I knew Gemma wanted to go and I knew I hadn't been doing too much in the way of having fun or being social, so I decided a night out could be a good choice. Besides, 90's themes are always a good start!

Although, for the sake of cultural sensitivity, I will not comment on the style of dancing here, (suffice it to say I like it, because I fit right in... if that's any clue), I did find out that the 90's were, at least musically, apparently much different in Germany than they were in the US. I only recognized about half (or less) of the songs and the ones I did know would probably not be the ones chosen for a 90's night at home (not saying they were bad, just not same ones we would probably play). 

They didn't even play Spice Girls! That one really upset me.

However, the inappropriately middle-aged creepers seemed to be having a good time dancing by themselves. That was definitely a hilarious source of entertainment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...