Sunday, May 27, 2012

You guys are making me blush!

So das Blog has been noticed by a few awesome bloggers recently. Heather over at Heather Goes to Deutschland even nominated me for the Liebster Blog award, a little recognition for little blogs like mine - which just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Now, I'm supposed to nominate 5 other little blogs of note - but honestly love every blog I follow! So I wanna know who you would nominate. Do you know any bloggers out there with a new and/or little blog that should definitely be checked out? Leave a comment and a link and let me know!

Along with the award, both Heather and Karen at Have Lipstick and Laptop Will Travel tagged me in a little blogger game. You basically answer 11 questions they ask, ask 11 new questions yourself and tag other bloggers to answer them. 

But first thing's first, here are my answers to their questions.
From Heather: 
1) What was your favorite cartoon character or show?
as a fellow ginger, I've always had a soft spot for Strawberry Shortcake. Side note: in Germany her name is Emily Erdbeer, which just means me, Strawberry Shortcake and Germany were all meant to be.

2) James Bond or Jason Bourne? (and coincidence that both are J.B.?)
If it's Daniel Craig, then definitely James Bond. 

3) If you were a passenger on the Titanic, would you have survived and why?
part of me says no, because I'm super cheap and definitely been staying in 3rd class. BUT I've practiced the scene of Rose calling for the life boat to come back so much (whistle sounds and frozen swimming included), that if I were alive in the water, I'd totally make it in the end. 

4) You have to take up a new hobby, what will it be?
Underwater basket weaving. Or I'd really like to learn a 3rd language. Does that count as a hobby?

5) What is one place you are dying to visit?
Italy. I've lived in Europe for 3 years total and still have NEVER been to Italy. Before I started learning German, Italy was basically the only place I wanted to go in Europe. Soon enough though, my dreams will be realized, but more on that later! 

6) And on the other hand, is there a place you have no desire to go?
I'm sure India has lots of really awesome things to see and do, but I don't like crowds. And I kind of imagine with 3 times the amount of people in 1/3rd the space of the US, I would probably cry. I wouldn't say no if the opportunity arose, but I'm not in any hurry to go out of my way to get there. 

7) What is the best song to wake up to?
I always keep my iPod on shuffle and my iPod is my alarm, so each morning it's a surprise. However, one morning it was this song and I got to start the day with a giggle, which was fun. 

8) What is the best book you've ever read?
I have a pretty varied taste in books, but Harry Potter will be my one true love till the day I die. 

9) Beach or mountains?
If I say both can I live in Switzerland again? Ok, there weren't really beaches with oceans, but palm trees, lakes and snow covered Alps in the bag ground was pretty much the best of both worlds! 

10) What is your guilty pleasure?
This. Or spending too much money on a really good glass of beer. 

11) Your house is on fire, what do you save (excluding family members, obviously)?
I have no shame in saying my computer. It's got all my pictures and other memories I'd want to save. It's basically got my entire life on it. Clothes, books and other such items can be replaced.

And from Karen: 
1. How would you describe yourself with exactly six words?
some things just can't be described.

2. What’s a great book you can recommend for my next vacation read?
Anything by David Sedaris, particularly Me Talk Pretty Someday

3. What are the top two countries you want to see that you’ve not yet visited?
I know I should be more creative and adventurous and think outside the Europe box, but when I found out I'd be moving home, I said there were 2 countries I'd spend lots of money to be able to see before leaving: Italy and Ireland.

4. Do you collect anything (what)? If not, is there something you’ve thought about collecting?
I used to collect pins. I don't really know why, I just wanted something to collect. I guess you could say I collect local beers... by trying them where ever I go.

5. If you could name a lipstick color, what would it be?
...I've worn lipstick once in my adult life, so I guess I'd have to go with "transparent - you never even saw it coming" And yes, my lipstick does have a tag line.

6. What outdoor activity do you most enjoy?
Swimming - in the American sense of the word. That is to say, hanging out in or near a pool and drinking with friends.

7. Which non-profit organization do you (or would you like to) passionately support?
This one.

8. Which household chore do you most loath?
Putting away clothes. I will wash and iron till my heart's content, but holy crap do I avoid putting away clean clothes like the plague. This is made 10x worse by the whole I have no dryer here thing. Because When I hang my clothes up to dry, I really don't ever technically have to put them away. Which means my room is almost constantly inhabited by my hanging clothes.

9. What’s the earliest “appropriate” time of day to have a glass of wine?
What time do you wake up? Kidding... of course... If you have a good reason (such as nice weather, good company, etc.) you can start anytime you want.

10. If you could have one of the following personal service providers come to your home free for a year, which would you most want to have?

a)      house-cleaner
b)      a meal planner/cook
c)       a personal trainer/fitness instructor
d)      a masseuse
e)      a nanny
Definitely C . I need someone to tell me everyday that I need to get off my ass and do something! 

11. What’s the oddest thing anyone ever asked you?
Oh I have a whole list of odd questions I've been asked. It tends to happen when it's "Ask the American" day in a 5th grade German class. 

Ok, I'm gonna be a horrible cop-out again and not tag people, but I'll post 11 questions if you feel like getting in on the fun! I'd love to know what all your answers are, so if you've got a blog, answer my questions and leave a comment to let me know to check it out! Or, you know, just answer the questions in the comments! Everyone and any one is welcome to participate - and I hope you do! 

1. What is your go to can't sleep movie?
2. Are you more likely to be the friend taking the pictures or the friend telling all your other friends to remember to post their pics on Facebook?
3. If you were to ever become moderately famous on the internet, what would it be for (and it can't be for your blog!)?
4. What is your favorite thing to eat when you're too lazy to cook?
5. What is the most played song in your entire iTunes library?
6. What's your best party trick?
7. What is the best vacation/trip you've ever been on?
8. How old were you when you had your first beer (without your parents around)?
9. Do you prefer TV series or movies?
10. What new language would you love to be perfectly fluent in tomorrow?
11. What's the best way to get you out of a funk when you're feeling blue?

2 comments:

Heather in DE said...

Good answers! And I totally do the same thing with clothes... pretty much the only time they get put away is if I'm doing a ton of laundry and need the space. Which doesn't happen too often since things take forever to dry here. But I'm taking jeans out of the washer in a few minutes and already trying to calculate how much open space on the rack I reeeeally need.

~Karen said...

Such a great sport, to answer TWO sets of questions! Loved your replies - thanks for playing along! And Sedaris is a good choice - I've seen him and his sister Amy both talk/perform in Maryland - very funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...