Monday, May 14, 2012

Brussels, as experienced by beer.

Remember that time that I professed my love for Belgian beer? Well, imagine how magical it was for me finally get to experience all that fantastic beer in it's homeland. My favorite part was all the beer shops. Little shops with walls covered floor to ceiling with beer and all the matching glasses for every type of beer.



Even if they are just little tourist traps, I had no problem picking up my only souvenirs from the weekend there. 
But buying bottled beer to bring back was only half the fun of the trip. I made it a rule to never drink the same beer twice while out in the city, so I could try as many different types as possible during our long weekend. If you follow me on Twitter, then you got the beer tour in real time. But if you don't, this was my trip to Brussels as experienced by beer. 



this beer got ordered by accident. It was too sweet for me, but tasted just like a tootsie roll!




Delirium Nocturne at the Delirium Bar

this beer has potentially topped Chimay as my favorite Belgian beer. It was delightful!



all three of us enjoying Delirium Tremens and Nocturne at the Delirium bar.

1 comment:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

yep, don't care how touristy Delirium is because it is SO fun

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...