Tuesday, May 15, 2012

IHOP's got nothing on Belgium

Of course when you go to Belgium, you can't forget to try a real Belgian waffle. Waffle-eating opportunities present themselves all over the city. You could get one at an ice cream shop, they had little walk up windows that served waffles, but my absolute favorite were the little waffle vans. 

I mean, first of all - genius! Waffles to go on the go! Need I say more? Also, isn't the little van pretty much the most adorable thing you've ever seen? 

When Patrick and I made stop for a waffle, we went with the walk up window option. They had so many different toppings to pick from, and I really enjoyed how they displayed it for people to pick their preferred topping. 

Once you've made your selections the waffles are made fresh in front of you and served hot and delicious! 

Patrick went with the trusty topping of Nutella, while I was feeling a little more simple with just brown sugar sprinkled (or, you know, caked) on top! 


And I can tell you for sure, Belgian waffles are every bit as good as their reputation implies. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is unreal, and I want all of it!

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

I would have totally gone for the brown sugar, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...