Monday, May 9, 2011

Where I've been and what I haven't been telling you

Oh hey faithful readers of das Blog (I appreciate all 5 of you!), you might have noticed that my posts have been increasingly infrequent since the beginning of March (or at least that I annoy you less with plastering links to my blog all over your fb newsfeed or twitter). Or you might have noticed I keep saying "so and so is here/I'm going to this awesome place, but I'll tell you more details about that later" and then never actually tell you any details. 
 
For the past two months my life has been a whirlwind of traveling and having visitors. So as yet another teaser to the excitement that is my life, I wanted to recap what the past two months (oh so very briefly, don't worry) and promise to finally start giving you those aforementioned details (that I know you're all on the edge of your seats biting your nails for.)
 
So here it goes...
 
It all began with Edinburgh [March 7 - 14]




the season opened with a trip to see Shahida in Scotland, but since I've already posted quite a bit about this trip, you'll know that...






Then Fulbright had a conference in Berlin [March 20 - 24]
I've eluded to this trip a few times, but never actually posted about. Why's that? Well, you may or may not remember that I forgot my camera and was forced to document my 4 days in this awesome city on two amazingly tacky disposable cameras with 27 exposures each. That's 54 pictures for four days and countless sites. Rather limiting for the person who took almost 200 pictures in the 24 hours I spent in the Scottish highlands last September. So until I manage to take these cameras to get developed, this is all you get from Berlin. 
 
-- Here I had my longest "down time" of 10 days without visitors or traveling. It was ok --

I had my first visitor when Kristen came [April 4 - 8] 

Kristen studied German at UGA with me. We both did our study abroads the same year, Kristen in Bamberg and me in Zürich. While she wasn't at all new to the area, I had so much fun being able to spend time with her in her "European home" (and I could empathize with her excitement as I'm dying to get back to Zürich). 



Then I met the boys in Munich [April 15 - 18]
Patrick and AJ decided to begin their 2011 European tour in Munich, so I got to make my first real trip to Munich (I say real because Oktoberfest and a Harry Potter premiere don't really count as trips to Munich). 



 We eventually made our way back to Forchheim
[April 18 - 20]


I got to show Patrick and AJ around Forchheim and various other Franken cities for a couple days. We made it to Bamberg and Nürnberg...






Then we were off to Vienna [April 21 - 24]


After several days of having them on "my turf", the boys and I got to discover Vienna together. I've been there once before, but it was several years ago and right before Christmas, so I really enjoyed the city and all it has to offer in the spring! Definitely going back. 


I ended up back on that island in the north in Manchester [April 26 - May 1]


Ok, really I was about an hour outside Manchester, but I got to visit Gemma and the fam and experience the royal wedding in it's natural habitat. 







And it all ended with Shahida again [May 4 - 8]
To round out these exciting couple months, Shahida came to Forchheim to visit last week. It was so great to see her and have her here, but I honestly don't know where the time went! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...