Sunday, May 29, 2011

that time I went to Berlin in March.... 1978

you know how I keep talking about how I went to Berlin and that I forgot my camera. I know it probably sounds like a really elaborate lie to make my life sound so much more excited ("no, I don't just sit in bed all day watching episodes of How I Met Your Mother 3 times over, I go to cool places... like... uh... Berlin. Yeah, I went to Berlin."), but it is in fact true, and after 3 months, I finally got the proof developed! 

Since I'm normally the kind of person who a. likes to take about a million too many pictures of anyone given subject and b. has to review every picture I take to make sure it is "just right", being forced to use disposable cameras for my trip to this famous city felt both limiting and a little depressing. 

However, when I got the pictures back on Friday, I have to say, I was pretty pleased with results. Yes, it is sad that I spent 5 days in Berlin and only have 36 pictures to show for it, but i think I got all the necessary pictures and they even turned out pretty well (for the most part... I mean there were about 20 frames that didn't even turn out enough to be developed).

And as an unexpected surprise, they all seem to have a really artsy, vintage look about them. Some I really think could be played off as from the 1970s. But I'll let you be the judge of that; here are some of my favorite disposable pictures of Berlin (ca. 1978/2011): 
We stopped by the Berliner Dom just about everyday
at the Brandenburg gate... with my crazy Indian friend on the left
a fountain and a Rathaus
Fernsehturm/TV tower
The "Ampelmann" famous for being the 'stop' and 'walk' symbols on traffic
lights. I took a picture these Ampelmann lights, but alas, it did not turn out!
all up on that Berlin Wall. David Hasselhoff would be proud
Me, Andy and Jennifer (2 other ETAs) in our favorite Platz: Alexanderplatz

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I don't recall the year, but I REMEMBER the time I went to Berlin with YOU!! I can't forget that sweatshirt you bought (b/c we saw it EVERY day thereafter!)The 2011 GAPP kids are in Germany now with their new teacher, exploring Braunschweig, going to Celle, Hamburg, Berlin and Dresden, but all in due time; good stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...