Monday, May 16, 2011

Coming to America

When I left the US in August, I remember planning on not seeing dear old Murikah again for a year, at the very least. That's me all excited in the Atlanta airport on August 23, 2010 before my flight to Edinburgh! ----------->

Well here it is 9 months later (omg, has it already been 9 months?) and I've just booked my second trip home. I was honestly amazed to find a cheap flight home for Christmas, so I was surprised to find out I could be lucky enough to find another good deal in the middle of summer. 

After fighting with the Delta website for an hour or so (I ended up just having to call the service people and buy the ticket over the phone), I finally booked my visit home for June 30th. Since I couldn't get a direct flight out, I opted for a ridiculously long lay-over in Amsterdam to be able to spend a day in a city I've never been too, before heading all the way back to Atlanta on July 1st

You'll notice, however, that I keep referring to this trip only as a visit home. And alas, it is true. I'll heading back to Germany on July 24. I can have a week or so back in Forchheim (for Annafest, really... as it's all anyone has talked about since I got here), before heading off for the next big adventure back in Zürich for a year.  But more on that later. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...