Friday, August 26, 2011

The Zeltlager Series: Ode to the Wespen

oh Wespen
That means wasps in English
well actually it's yellow jackets 
in American English,
but I digress.

oh Wespen,
I hate you.
How you were the only bad part of the Zeltlager,
and you annoy me,
and sting people.

oh Wespen,
I just wanted to put some Nutella on my bread,
and drink some Apfelschorle,
and enjoy my kaiserschmarrn.
but no,
you always attacked.

oh Wespen,
I've seriously never seen so many of you in one place
it was kind of gross
and a little frightening
and I hear buzzing all the time
even when you're not there.

oh Wespen,
you would drown in our drinks 
and land in our hair
and follow us when we ran
the most fun I had with you 
was watching the boys beat you with a hammer.

oh Wespen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...