Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I'd like to wish a happy first anniversary to das Blog

It honestly almost passed by without notice (hence this post coming a day late). 

It's a weird feeling, hitting the one year mark. On one hand, it feels like yesterday that I was standing out on the curb of Hartsfield Jackson with my mom trying to hold on to the last box of mac and cheese and still stay under the baggage weight limit. But on the other hand, it feels like that was a lifetime ago. 

Although the year was not without stress from time to time (and then some), I can't help but feel really proud of myself for being able to write this post right now. 

Ever since coming home from Zürich, all I've wanted to was to get back to Europe and stay. Fulbright was a great opportunity, a pay check, and definitely a resume booster. But first, and foremost, it was a foot in the door. And now I can say I did it, I managed what I set out to do, I'm staying in Germany.

Sure, for now it's only one more year, it's not exactly the be all, end all opportunity. But who knows what it will lead to, how long I'll stay in Germany, or even how long I'll want to stay.

The fact is, I'm here now, and I'm staying. One year later and I've found myself exactly where I hoped I would be and I couldn't be anymore excited! 

So here's to you, das Blog, and a second year that will hopefully be as good as the first!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...