Friday, August 5, 2011

Things I Forgot I Missed, part 5

After arriving at the airport and being surprised by my friends (remember how my friends are a lot cooler than yours?), they wanted to take me out for my first American meal. Since it takes about 2 years to get through customs at Atlanta airport (that's another story entirely), meaning I didn't actually make it out till about 11, the original plan for Chik-fil-a was scrapped and switched to Steak-n-Shake (I mean, c'mon, we were going for the painfully American here!). 
 
It was at Steak-n-Shake that two very amazing things happened. The first, I had this fantastically delicious milkshake (go team). Second, I was reminded just how wonderful it was to be in a world where costumer service existed. 

Now, that isn't to say that no one in Germany is capable of good costumer service, or even that people aren't at least nice when you go out. It's something you don't even notice until you go back to the costumer service standards of the US.  There is definitely something to be said for people who are working for tips. I guess it is part of the same culture that has Americans classified as polite to a fault and completely superficial. But what can I say, I like my people super nice, even if it is a little fake. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...