Monday, August 8, 2011

How I always seem to take the same picture


When telling people where I live in Germany, I always reference the closest big city - Nürnberg. And it recently came to my attention that I've never really posted about Nürnberg.
Visits to Nürnberg this past year were pretty regular, especially whenever I had visitors in town. It has an incredibly picturesque Altstadt (old city) and an overall very stereotypical "German" feel about it. I mean, it was once claimed, by the Nazis, to be the most German city. 

Aside from being a great shopping destination, it has a lot to see including a castle, the Nazi Party Rally museum, some very strange and disturbing statues, and lots of big, beautiful churches (ok, it's Germany, there are big, beautiful churches everywhere. It's a little ridiculous.)

One big, beautiful church in particular - the Lorenzkirche - is right on the way from the main train station to the altstadt. Which means we pass it almost every time we go to Nürnberg. And somehow I always end up taking a picture of it. Perhaps to prove that it is just as big and beautiful as I left it...? 
September 17, 2010
October 9, 2010 
April 19, 2011
July 29, 2011
But you have to admit, it is a pretty photogenic church 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think you forgot to mention the most important thing about Nberg...VAG!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...