Monday, March 21, 2011

that time I went to Berlin and forgot my camera

Hello from Berlin! Got here yesterday for a 5 day Fulbright conference for all German Fulbrighters (and then some). 
 
It's pretty swanky - they put us up in a 5 star hotel, feed us and entertain us for the whole time. I could get use to this. What could possibly not be good about this week?
 
Oh yeah, I forgot my camera. 
 
If you know me, you know I'm that person that is CONSTANTLY (yeah, all caps) taking pictures. I rarely even go out without my camera at all (even on a day-to-day basis). So being here in the amazing Berlin with great friends and so much to see, it's just torture to not have my camera! 
 
I did manage to buy a couple disposable cameras today (I was almost considering just buying a cheap old digital camera... might end up costing about the same if I go through too many disposable ones). Oh disposable cameras.
 
I swear, looking through the plastic little viewer is like looking through a porthole back to the 90's. I also enjoy (or not really) the element of surprise involved in not being able to check my pictures immediately. Hope they turn out...
 
There is already so much to tell about the trip (and I'm sure they're will be much more in the next few days) but for now I will just leave you with this really poor quality picture (taken with my macbook) of the view from our 7th floor room at the Park Inn on Alexanderplatz: The famous Fernsehturm or TV tower that stands out over Berlin's 
skyline. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

omg exciting! do you get to go to anything organized by the embassy?!?! make sure to go to Delores!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...