Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh hey, winter finally showed up

I know you wouldn't believe it from my posts so far this year, buy I really do still live in Germany (although I do pretend that I live in Edinburgh when I visit). I've been surprisingly busy in the past couple of weeks. Taking spontaneous trips, planned trips, starting new tutoring jobs, and even occasionally lesson planning.

And all the while, I've been enduring sub-freezing temperatures. In fact the entire continent of Europe has kind of turned into a giant ice cube these days. And for someone who spent about 80% of her life south if the Mason-Dixon line, going into our second week with highs in the 20s (that's about -5ºc) is slightly disorienting. And while in Hamburg this past weekend, seeing people ice skating on frozen ponds was basically mind blowing.

Eventually (and possibly due to peer pressure), braved a walk across the frozen water myself!
Of course, I was terrified of breaking through the ice, Little Women style, the entire time...

But the point is, it's cold! So, if you don't mind I'm going to go hug my radiator and pretend I'm at the beach until further notice!

1 comment:

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Ah isn't it so brutal? I can feel it in my teeth, like what. And people in Texas are basically swimming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...