Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do you like pirate jokes and pancakes? Then you'll love this post!

What is a pirate's favorite letter?
RRRRRRRRRRR
What is a pirate's favorite fast food?
ARRRRRRRby's
How long is a pirate's plank?
one yARRRRRRRd
What is a pirate's favorite Ke$ha song?
we RRRRRRRRR who we RRRRRRRR
Where does a pirate go for pancakes?
Bremen, of course.
Well, I guess they're not pancakes in the American sense of the word - but it's really the best translation for the wonder that is the German Pfannkuchen. And in Bremen, not only do they have delicious Pfannkuchen, they have delicious Pfannkuchen on a pirate ship

Now, how the German Pfannkuchen differs from the American pancake is quite simple, but elegant (read: delicious). Where the pancake is often considered better with increasing fluffiness, the Pfannkuchen is thinner, and in my opinion looks a bit like pita bread from a distance. But upon closer inspection, it still maintains the light consistency of the pancake. The pancake is most often accompanied by any combination of butter, syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream. The Pfannkuchen can be topped with anything from the standard sweets to more savory delights. During our visit to the Pfannkuchen pirate ship, we opted for a happy medium - and quite fantastic choice it was. Let me just say, if ever confronted with the dilemma of what to top your Pfannkuchen with, I would highly recommend bacon, feta and honey. AH-mazing


Of course, the magicness of the Pfannkuchen pirate ship didn't stop with the food. After returning from the pirate bathroom (no really, the sink was a barrel!), I saw a pirate hat, eye patch, flag and battle ax thing. So what did I do? Put it all on and unabashedly posed for pictures in the middle of the pirate ship.  
No, you don't need to tell me how cool I am, I know....
Many people might find such an attraction a little kitschy, but I give it two pirate thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone headed to Bremen! Plus their Pfannkuchen really are delicious. 

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his crotch. Bartender says, "Hey Pirate, why do you have a steering wheel in your crotch?"

Pirate says, "ARRRRG its drivin' me nuts!"

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

I love Pfannkuchen with just butter, like so yum. That place looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...