Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Great Return

For the second week of our two week fall break, I decided to return to my German roots: Forchheim
 
The two months I had been in Dortmund marked the longest I had ever been away from Forchheim since moving there in September 2010. So going back was a greatly-anticipated treat!  My return to Forchheim also saw the greatest reunion of Gemily since the Christmas 2010 split. 
Although the week went by all too quickly, I got to get in a little bit of all my favorite Forchheim things. I got to spend plenty of quality time back at Hotel Baptistella, playing cards with Gemma, visit friends in the city, enjoying some delightful (and appropriately-sized) Kellerbier, visit new places in Franken, and spend a day in my PJs watching TV (Bones...) and being completely lazy all day with Gemma. 

Our first order of business, actually, was to stock up on sustenance to get us through our ritual lazy day without ever having to leave the apartment (and yes, those are mini pizzas and mini breaded cheese bits in there. We like to keep it classy). 

If the excitement of it all wasn't enough, my week was topped off when my new winter jacket and purse were delivered on my last day. My excitement is clearly discernible here in my happy dance (hey, you'd be excited too if you got a 60€ Jacket and 15€ purse for a grand total of 28€, thank you internet sales!)
It was fantastic to be back and to get to see everyone, and I'm hoping it won't be too long before I get to go back again! 


1 comment:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

awww this makes me so sad. i want to be there with you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...