Friday, June 3, 2011

When there is no cake for your birthday candles...

About a month ago I celebrated my birthday in Forchheim, and although I never got a birthday cake with candles to blow out, I still got some candles in some pretty unusual places...

On my actual birthday my friends and I went up to the Kellerwald (it's a magical place to sit out in the woods and eat delicious food and drink great beer, but more on that later).  When my usual order of Currywurst and fries came, not only was there a candle in it, but it was more like a mini-firework. Just spewing sparkly fire for a good 40 seconds.


The next day in school, a teacher brought me a pastry called an Amerikaner (literally an "American" - how appropriate?) with a single candle to commemorate. It was pretty cute!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...