Friday, June 3, 2011

6 years and 4 days ago...

I arrived in Germany for my very first time
It was on a high school exchange program to Braunschweig. We stayed with exchange families and went to school with our exchange partner for about a month. I honestly could not have had a better first experience in Germany.  

I really think, considering I went into college with no intentions of even taking one German class, that it was this trip that influenced my eventual decision to study it - which, of course, then snowballed into a series of classes, professors, friends, and an exchange year which all played a role in me being back here now. 
Forchheim, 2010
and it was exactly one year ago yesterday that I found out I'd be moving to Forchheim. Which I'm sure will keep leading to many more experiences and opportunities. I'll be sure to let you know for sure in 6 years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...