Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Eve!

Oh hey, so yeah, Patrick and AJ came to visit. We went to Munich, Forchheim, Nürnberg, Bamberg and Vienna. But let's move on to the more pressing issues: tomorrow is the royal wedding!! 

I arrived in Manchester late Tuesday night and it was immediately apparent that the entire country is abuzz with excitement. There have been flags strung outside every pub (which Gemma assures me is not normal... to my disappointment), every shop window has posters offering their congratulations to the happy couple, and royal wedding paraphernalia is always within reach. 

(of course I've seen and done other things in the past 2 days that didn't involve eating, sleeping, and breathing royal wedding, but at this moment that's not important!) 

I'm going to bed now with the excitement of a small child on Christmas eve. My crown is neatly in place and my royal wedding mug (a gift from Gemma's grandmother) on the side table with William and Catherine watching over me - waiting for royal wedding Santa to come spread the joy and cheer of this momentous occasion. 

Tomorrow's activities are plentiful as we start the day early with the actual wedding viewing, to be followed by a gathering of family and friends, and an array of royal wedding games from pin the crown on the princess (Gemma's genius idea) to royal wedding quizzes. 

Wishing the happiest of Royal Weddings to you and yours! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

OMG so jealous! Look for my dear friend James Brown when you're out and about in Manchester because he'll also be there for the weekend! I SO want to watch but idk if I'll be able to get up at 6am hahaha. Have fun!

xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...