Friday, April 8, 2011

Something I don't miss

Remember that time I told you April was going to be crazy? I wasn't lying! I have been loving having my friend Kristen in town for the week and there are so many stories to tell (plus, I'm still behind on Berlin... need to get those cameras developed) and oh so little time to tell them all.

Yesterday we ventured out into the Kellerwald (one of Forchheim's biggest attractions [where the Annafest is {that festival in the end of July everyone has been telling me about since I got here }]) to enjoy the beautiful spring weather... and a beer or two. 

my normally dark green car during a GA spring
Suddenly, while sitting outside, I realized there was a total absence of something I'm very accustomed to during the spring time... Excessive amounts of pollen. Having spent most of my life in Georgia I'm used to the springs with pollen counts in the thousands (didn't we break records with 5000 or so pollen count last year?). Keep in mind a "normal high" pollen count for spring is usually around 120 or so.  And since Georgia isn't exactly known for having the wettest of climates, you are powerless as you watch the world around you turn a nasty mustard yellow during the month of April. 

 Luckily Forchheim does not seem to suffer from the same problem, meaning we were able to enjoy our warm spring day outside without so much as a sneeze (let alone the fear of an allergy related death)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...