Thursday, April 14, 2011

a tribute to our barbed wire toilet seat.

As I approach my eighth month in Forchheim, I would like to take this moment to reflect on some of the things that have really made the last seven months so special. Now I don't want to go all mushy on you, but sometimes there are things that make such a big impression on you at first, but eventually sink into the background as part of normal life. You begin to take these things for granted, and forget how special they really are

To avoid making that fatal mistake, I want to reaffirm my love and appreciation for a very special part of our* life here in Forchheim by dedicating this post to our barbed wire toilet seat

I remember my first day in Forchheim. Giving myself a tour of the apartment. Wandering through the halls of the place that would become my home over the next year. I still remember the surprise/fear/shock/wonderment I felt when I first saw the toilet seat, in all its glory. I remember it as if it were yesterday. 



But over the months, I feel as though I've neglected showing the barbed wire toilet seat the gratitude it deserves. I've forgotten the impact it has made, nay, is still making on my life and the life of everyone who has had the honor of sharing in its splendor. 







Dear Barbed Wire Toilet Seat,
Thank you for only looking scary.
 and not actually being scary.
Sure, you're a little strange, but we love you because of it.
not in spite of it. 









*I generally only speak in plurals as everything here usually refers to both Gemma and I 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog just made my night :)

fondee@aol.com said...

Where can I get one of these toilet seats???????????

steam showers said...

Wow! Very nice toilet seats. It's really so gorgeous and looks cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...