Sunday, April 3, 2011

ready, steady, go...

Those damn British and their butchering of the phrase "ready, set, go." Everyone at school says "ready, steady, go" and a little bit of my soul dies every time I hear it. 

But no matter what form it takes, this phrase is incredibly appropriate for the month of April. Although I've spent the first 3 days of the month taking it slow, basking in the warm weather, even getting some spring cleaning in (you'd be proud, mom!),  tomorrow starts the marathon that will be the next four weeks - and I couldn't be more excited!

Kristen, my friend from UGA, is arriving tomorrow for 5 days in beautiful Forchheim (I mean, where else in all of Germany would you want to visit, really?). We both did our study abroad in 2007/08 - me in Zürich, Kristen in Bamberg. Over the past 4 years that we've known each other we've been partners in crime in the UGA German department, we've been afternoon beer buddies, we've been each other's encouragers of going for crazy dreams and idealistic goals. Basically, I couldn't be more excited she'll be here for the week! 

After her visit I have about 6 days to prepare the arrival of Patrick and AJ. We'll be spending a couple days in Munich, a couple days in Forchheim, then the last few days in Vienna. 

When I get back from Vienna I have 2 days then I'm back off to Manchester (sometimes I don't know if I'm doing my Fulbright in Germany or the UK) to visit Gemma and her family... and celebrate the royal wedding! 

It will be a busy and no doubt very quick month, but I'm so excited for all of it! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

i expect a blog post about me when we see each other this summer! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...