Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rose Street

So after my little hiccup in the Mallorca airport, I arrived safely in Edinburgh with Shahida! As you may have noticed (and noticed and noticed), I visit Edinburgh quite a bit. It has a lot to do with the people I get to see, but over all the visits, I've grown to really fall in love with the city too (oh who am I kidding, it was love at first sight). So I have a pretty set routine when I'm there, regarding what I do when Shahida has to work. Go to the city, walk around the Royal Mile and find a good cafe on the old side of town. 

This trip, however, I decided to broaden my horizons a little bit and actually ended up spending most of my time on the other side of princes street in the new city on a cozy little street called Rose Street

What's special about Rose Street? Well it's basically a long street of pubs and restaurants. Most famous for the oldest pub in the city as well as many pubs that were frequented by the famous literary big names to come out of Edinburgh. For me, it was the perfect resting place to enjoy a seat, a pint, and some free wifi after a few hours of roaming the city. 


If you ever find yourself in Edinburgh - which everyone at some point should definitely find themselves in Edinburgh - you can't miss an afternoon, or better yet, a night out on Rose Street

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...