Monday, August 27, 2012

Yes, I do have a favorite Cathedral

Once Matthew woke up from his train naps, our first stop was Aachen. You might recall that I've been to Aachen a few times before (pretty much every time I've ever had visitors), so I know that it's a fantastic little city. But, hands down, my favorite site it offers is the Aachener Dom - or the cathedral, if you will.
 

Cool story: the cathedral is the oldest one in northern Europe and holds the remains of Charlemagne. That's pretty legit, if you ask me. But even beyond the fun facts, this cathedral is absolutely amazing. I've collected my best pictures, but still, none of them really do it justice. It's average, bordering on small in size, but is the most ornate building I've probably ever seen (and I say this even after having been to the Vatican). Even Matthew was gushing about it's awesomeness the entire time he was there. 






1 comment:

Barbara said...

That photo with the candles is just beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...