Thursday, August 2, 2012

last day

Well, it's my last full day in Germany. And no matter how excited I am to get to see everyone in Georgia again or just be back in the US for the first time in over a year, last days are just the worst.


All I can I think when I walk down the street is "that's the last time I'll see that. And do this. And walk here...." ad infinitum. And, to be perfectly honest, it's not true at all. I know I'll be back to Dortmund. "Moving away" just sounds so final. And so mean.


I wish I could write a long, heartfelt post about how much living in Germany for the past two years has meant to me and how it's changed me and how grateful I am and blah blah blah. And don't get me wrong - I'm not saying none of that is true. But I kind of get butterflies every time I think about leaving. So I think I'm gonna have to leave this post at that.


Just know: last days are the absolute worst.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...