Saturday, October 15, 2011

one day, when I have money...

Ah, the beginning of a year as an ETA. For some people it means making new friends and discovering new places, for others, it is the time they get their first chance at teaching. But for everyone, it means an indefinite period of not being paid

After last year's fiasco of not getting paid till mid-November, I'm mentally and emotionally prepared to call my parents crying for help live off my last 60€ for the foreseeable future.

But as a means of coping, I've made a list of 3 things I want to treat myself to following the weeks of poorness. And it is definitely helping keeping my mind off my current state of poverty. 

1. New head phones
When my actual iPod headphones got attacked by my bike over the summer, I had to resort to my old friend Amazon to find a cheap replacement. Of course, when you pay 7€ for headphones that normally cost 40€ you can't be too surprised when the quality turns out to be pretty low. Unlike my last headphones, these don't stay in my ears at all, meaning I basically walk around with my fingers in my ears when I use them. And after about 1 week of owning them and pretty light usage, the wire cover broke. Luckily they're still functional with the help of a little tape.

2. New boots.
I love boots. And after many visits to the many shoe shops in Dortmund, I found a pair that I really want!  
3. A new winter jacket
according to the locals, the winter up here in Dortmund is pretty harsh, so I decided I needed to step up my winter wardrobe if I want to survive. I like to think of the winter jacket as a necessity more than a want, but it's on the list because I can't afford it (you know, if I want to eat) until the pay check comes. (I could not find the jacket I've been eyeing online so this is just a picture of one that is really similar

Oh, how I can't wait to be paid! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those boots look amazing, where are they from?!

emily g. said...

they're from Deichmann, only 30€!

Andy said...

yes. love the boot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...