Monday, February 21, 2011

Something's not right...

a 7th grade class I'm doing this week is starting a unit on the US. On the first page they have to match captions to pictures. The instructions start as follows:
An American girl chose the seven photos on these two pages....
There's more, but that's irrelevant. I really just want to bring your attention to the fact that it is an American girl writing these captions....


Because then she goes on to say
It's about 5000 kilometres from the east coast to the west coast. 
First of all, kilometers?! Really?! Second, kilometREs?! Really?! 


Silly British English. 

1 comment:

fiona said...

Hello Emily! I just found your blog via someone elses, and I'm loving it! I couldn't help but laugh out loud to this post, because, of course, she's right: it is "kilometres"!!! Though if she was really going to be correct, she'd have said "It's about 3107 miles"... ;-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...