Sunday, February 20, 2011

Now that's just cruel.

These are real-life statuses and tweets from Georgia:
"OMG, I feel like laying out by the pool today!" 
"Chaco weather is here!"
"Working on my Chaco tan today"
"Going out without a jacket for the first time since November"
"The weather was so beautiful I ran 3 miles!"
I know it's not meant to be mean, but seeing every other update about how beautiful the weather in Georgia is, is just cruel. Over in Forchheim, we've descended back into the depths of winter, not reaching temperatures above freezing these days. 


Let's compare:


Forchheim...

Georgia... 




There might be a lot of things that I love about Germany, but I can't deny that I really miss the mildness and brevity of a Georgia winter. 


The snow was nice. And it was even nicer that it doesn't bring the whole world to a grinding halt. But I'm conditioned to winter ending at the end of February, so winter in March might be a real struggle for me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...