Saturday, October 13, 2012

My new favorite artist

I don't know if you caught this from the last post - but the Vatican has a big Wow-factor to it! And while I was walking around the halls and halls of amazing art, I realized I was kind of in love with Renaissance painter Michelangelo!

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I remembered learning about it when learning about the Renaissance in 8th grade, or maybe just because it's an amazing work of art. But I could have craned my neck all day looking at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. 

Of course, my favorite work of all was nestled in a front corner of St. Peter's Basilica.

If anyone wants to call up the pope and see if he'll give me Michelangelo's Pieta for Christmas, I'd really appreciate that. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...