Monday, May 7, 2012

A Brusselian Surprise

Um, what exactly is the adjective form of Brussels? Regardless...

Remember how I mentioned that I had a few Belgian friends in Switzerland? Well, one time, one of my Belgians mentioned to me that Brussels wasn't the nicest city. Upon reflection, I think he might have just been talking about the crime, because Brussels does have a bit of a reputation. But somewhere along the way, I took it to mean that Brussels was just an ugly city. So my expectations for our weekend trip weren't terribly high. 

Well imagine my surprise when this was our very first view when we arrived in the city.

Over the next 3 days I would find out just how severely I had misjudged this city. Brussels was gorgeous - seriously more beautiful than I would have expected even without my preconceived misconceptions. There was so much more to do and see than I would have thought. I could go on and on, but I think the pictures will do it just a little more justice than my OMGs and BEAUTIFULs. 







   




needless to say, I would definitely recommend a trip to Brussels to anyone with sometime to kill in Europe! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...