Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mullets aren't just for Gator fans

Oh, we all know the type - mullet, jean shorts, gaudy orange and blue apparel. Things you think only a gator fan would have the nerve (complete lack of sense) to wear. And for the most part you'd be right.
Unfortunately, Germany really tips the scale on the mullet count. It's one of those things that was strikingly obvious when I arrived in September, but over the past 7 months, I either have become numb to the mullet or Germany's wised up a little bit...

Now, I can't generalize too much. Not everyone in Germany has a mullet, and I've spoken to many Germans who see and share my concern with this problematic hair-demic.

But today, while out enjoying the increasingly warm spring weather, I noticed this gem of a mullet a few tables away. 
I wish I had more mullet photos to share. I've seen some real art here: kid mullets, old man mullets, she-mullets, slicked back mullets, curly mullets, spiky mullets, subtle mullets, and many many more. However, rarely does the opportunity arise for me to capture photo evidence of such perfection, and it's kind of awkward to just be like "Hey, can I get a picture of your mullet?!" 

As a final thought, I've always wondered how people get mullets. I mean, do they just go to the hair dresser and ask "I'd like a mullet" or maybe more subtly, "I want it a little shorter in the front, you know for business... and longer in the back, like a party!" And that raises the next question what hair dresser would actually do that? I feel like I would feel morally obligated to intervene at that point... 

1 comment:

Keri said...

You clearly need to get lessons from Meghan, the mullet/Florida fan photographer pro! She just goes up to them and takes a picture in front of them, then laughs.

So if there is a will, there's a way! ;) Next time just think like Meghan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...