Monday, December 19, 2011

Grandma got runover by a reindeer

That was all I could think while at the Christmas market in Cologne last weekend. 
Being one of the largest cities in Germany, Cologne has a few different Christmas markets sprinkled around the city.  My adventures took me two of them - one at the cathedral and one in the Altstadt, or old city
I wish I could tell you all about how beautiful the market at the cathedral was with its tent of Christmas lights. Or cute and traditional the Altstadt market was. But all I really can to say about my visit to the Christmas markets in Cologne is that they were PACKED full

I've seriously never seen so many people in one place in my life. I didn't really get to see anything in Cologne besides the back of the head of the person in front of me. I sort of went with the flow of the masses as I fought my way around the markets. I was in Cologne for about 2 hours and I'm pretty sure I spent an hour and a half just trying to figure out where to take my next step. Even in my pictures, when trying to capture the bright Christmas decor all around, I just ended up with some lights shining above the sea of people I was fighting through.  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...