Sunday, September 19, 2010

Liebe Grüße aus Starbucks

Hello everyone, from beautiful Starbucks in Erlangen. What makes this Starbucks so beautiful? Free wifi!! Woo hoo! So I thought while I was here, I would give you, my adoring fans, a quick update on my weekend... :D

As is apparently the life of a Fulbrighter, I have had so much free time! I was at school for a grand total of 5 hours this week. Tough, I know. Since I had Friday off, I met some friends in Nürnberg. Total, we were 5 Fulbrighters from around Bavaria (mostly between Nürnberg and Bamberg). We spent the day just walking around the altstadt, walked through a fall market, and had a few beers on the city wall! It was really not all that productive or constructive, but I have a feeling it won't be my last time in Nürnberg. And the important thing was we enjoyed ourselves :D

On Saturday I met my friend in Erlangen to use internet and take care of the business side of things and work on some Fulbright paperwork to be sent in. Afterwards, I headed to another friend's apartment outside the city for Funfetti cupcakes and dinner. Funfetti, it was like a taste of home! One of the girls had gotten it from her parents and brought it to share the joy with us. It was just a nice evening in with friends, nothing too crazy! Unfortunately, I didn't get back to Forchheim till about 12:45am and had to walk the mile or so home from the train station in the freezing cold! You think it would wear you out by the end of the night, but really it just wakes you up... a brisk walk in the 40º weather.

Today I spent the late morning walking around Forchheim, checking out some of the points of interest. The weather is just so beautiful right now, it was nice to walk around and soak up some sun. According to my teachers, the sunshine won't last much longer. Now I'm back in Erlangen getting my internet fix for the day with a couple friends (some of whom also don't have internet at home).

I also had such a great response the vlog that you can definitely expect more to come (and probably soon if I don't find anything productive to do with my free time!)

I'll do my best to be as interesting as possible before my next post :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...